Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Makes:1 skillet
10 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
8 to 12 oz. of raw ground grassfed beef
1 small onion, diced
4 oz. package of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
10 oz. package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and excess moisture squeezed out
1 tomato, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (~175°C).
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, saute the meat until it’s cooked through.
4. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until they are softened and slightly tender.
5. Add the defrosted and drained spinach. [Hint: start the spinach defrosting in the microwave after you preheat the oven so you aren’t waiting for it to be done. You need to drain this well by squeezing out the extra moisture or your frittata will end up soggy.] Stir to combine.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Turn off the heat and stir the ingredients to combine.
7. Lay the tomato slices on top.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are set and not runny.
9. Serve directly from the skillet or slice and store for leftover.